FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012
Old Oct 4, 2004, 11:27 am
chicaloca453

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BarryO
Along the lines of "non-persons" with paid tickets:

--My brother-in-law once transported a sitar (Indian stringed instrument; he's a musician) by buying a ticket. Ticket read "Mr. Sitar".

--Friend worked as a classified documents courier. Paid ticket for the big duffle full of documents that sat on seat next to him. On one oversold flight, FA tried to get him to put it in overhead; he told her he'd go to jail if he left it out of his sight. 'had to take it with him when he used the restroom (a very tight squeeze).

I always think of the American Express commercial with Andy Roddick, the tennis phenom. He buys 1 seat to the tournament and 2 on the way back as he has images of his trophy getting shoved into an overhead. The funny thing is that he doesn't win and ends up giving the FC seat to a pretty girl. Yeah, that would happen. Anyway, the guy with the trophy is hauling it back to coach. It's a really funny commercial. Makes me laugh every time.