FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting to Fiji in Business with miles
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:15 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some people are replying to Jan 2020 posts (pre Covid-19)
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Looking at some NAN-LAX or NAN-SFO for Jul 2021 and it appears everything in both Y and J is blocked from Jul 4 - Aug 8 for both routes. Is this normal each July and should I expect anything to open up as the dates draw near?
-----> Covid-19 ??
-----> Exiting bookings/school holidays??
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I have 2 FJ J awards to & from AU with a NAN stopover on the outbound for February. They are listed under Trips->Pipe Dreams in my MP Account. When FJ cancels the flights (not if) I won't ask AS to reprimand Fiji or Australia; 52% & 46% owners. lol
07 Oct 2020 (news.com.au) ---> Grim forecast about when you can travel overseas
<snip>
Aussies are not expected to be able to travel overseas until late 2021, the Treasurer has confirmed after handing down the Federal Budget.

Speaking to the National Press Club on Wednesday, Josh Frydenberg said international borders would likely remain “largely closed off until late next year”.

The Treasurer said the Budget assumed domestic borders would reopen by December, but international travel would not be possible until there was a vaccine.

“International travel, including by tourists and international students, is assumed to remain largely closed off until late next year and then gradually return over time, and a vaccine to be available around the end of 2021 is one of the assumptions in the budget,” Mr Frydenberg told the National Press Club.
<snip>
The Budget papers confirm that international tourism — both inbound and outbound — is expected to remain low until the latter part of 2021 and recover gradually.
<snip>