FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:32 am
morozovvp

Hi everyone, a newbie here. Please, correct me if I wrote too much information, but this is a question without any tricks.
I've been monitoring this thread for a while, and I decided to find some trick by myself. I found out that ET offers flights from C2 to many C5 destinations, OJ and circle trips are possible. In many cases YR makes more than 50% of the total price. The fare rules are similar for all routes: EoE and side trips are allowed, provided combinations are for carrier ET.
As I understood, these rules allow strikes. I tried some x3 within C2, C3 and C5, but neither worked. The combinations with x3s are ITA-ble and OTA-ble, but YR does not decrease. Could someone give me a hint if a strike is possible at all with these fare rules? If it is, how should I construct it? I am a bit confused by the part "provided combinations are for carrier ET".
I am sure that there can be cheaper routes between C2-C5 with another carriers, but I just want to make this one work to learn the concepts. Thank you!