FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nonstop Transcontinental Flights Lounge Access (master thread)
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:31 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by HiAperture
To clarify when you say you "just did this flight" you are referring to LAX-MIA, correct? Since the 772 isn't flying JFK-LAX yet.

As I shared above, American advertises the 772 on LAX-MIA as "First" as in domestic first service and perks, on the 772 on LAX-JFK it is advertised as "Flagship Business," same as if you were flying that aircraft internationally. Thus it should come with Admirals Club access, hot meals, menu, bedding, etc, same as J on the A321T on the same route under current times.

I am curious, on the LAX-MIA 772 flight did you hot meals or the cold packaged food?
So unfortunately this is another example of AA's endless inconsistencies. Whilst you are right that AA doesn't advertise the 2-class First/Business product as "Flagship Business" on the LAX MIA flight operated by 772, the menu that you are actually given onboard explicitly states "Flagship Business" and you get 4 choices of hot entrees, Casper duvet and pillow, the current Athletic Propulsion amenity kit, and noise cancelling headsets. However, no lounge access. Did LAX MIA a couple times last month and the experience was identical... I asked the AC staff and they told me that the only reason I enjoyed access was because of my CK status (which was consistent with the complaints I had heard from non-CK passengers on a previous LAX MIA flight).

With regards to your comment about LAX JFK, as others posted, AA explicitly requires this to be operated by 3-class A321Ts... if they now decide to allow AC access due to equipment change to 772 they should update their web link but historically, AA has insisted in 3 classes to allow J pax AC access on transcon flights, which seems moronic to me, but AA is not exactly the most intuitive company.

Originally Posted by cmd320
What’s the rule on Admirals Club access for premium transcon customers throughout the rest of the day?

For example: flying MCO-MIA-LAX with the first leg in standard domestic F obviously and the second leg in Flagship F. I know I’d have access in MIA, but would I also in MCO? I’m now realizing the last time I did this MCO didn’t have an AC yet so I don’t actually know the access rules on that.

From the way I read it on the website, holding a Flagship F/J ticket on a three cabin transcon should grant lounge access throughout that travel day, though as we all know the website isn’t always very clear.
I'm assuming you mean MCO MIA and then MIA LAX on the 3-class 77W? One of my analysts is Platinum and when he did BOS JFK LAX he was granted access at both BOS and JFK. Fairly certain the same situation would apply to anyone on the MCO MIA LAX itinerary as long as the latter is being operated by the 3-class 77W (4-class really, but sold as 3-class MIA LAX).

Last edited by fly747first; Oct 7, 2020 at 11:44 pm