FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Circumventing Household Account / Family & Friends for Avios Redemption
Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:24 am
MannersMakythMan

Programs: BA GGL
Circumventing Household Account / Family & Friends for Avios Redemption

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is already addressed in a separate thread - I don't think so but I may have been searching for the wrong terms...

I'm trying to book Avios flights for me + 8 friends in the current offer, but have a household account and therefore am of course limited to being able to book Avios flights only for those 5 people on my Family and Friends list (my brother was recently added, and is not part of this group, so I have only 4 spaces). I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with this, and whether this might work as a (slightly convoluted) work-around:

1) Add 4 of the 8 to my Family and Friends list to fill it up
2) Transfer 27k avios to one of those four who does not have a Household Account (which is free as I have EC Gold)
3) He then uses those 27k Avios to book flights for himself and for the other 4 not on my Family and Friends list (they will probably not all be on the same flight, which gets around some issues in terms of number of reward seats available)
4) I then book Avios flights for myself and the other 3 on the Family and Friends list using Gold Priority Reward if need be

What do people think? Also, if there's a simpler solution, I'm all ears...

Thanks in advance!