FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt further extends expiration of awards plus more
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:51 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
I don't check often but have stayed a couple of times on points and usually over $300 for the times I went (summer weekend).

For the next Saturday nights in October (if available) standard rate is over $500.
For all the Saturdays in November, standard rate is over $400.

The rates will fall if there isn't the demand.
Originally Posted by azepine00
I agree however MGH is a city hotel that relies on business travel/conventions. MM is more in leisure outdoors category which is currently overrun by throngs of ppl desperate to get out. Pricing as noted above is exactly in the range i encountered in recent searches. Good time to use points for those who need to stay at outdoorsy destinations.
I’ve watched prices for this property for the last 2-3 years. I feel like the rates are just excessively high not due necessarily to massive amounts of leisure travel, but rather trying to recoup their massive investment into renovations. Since they’ve had low business since March they’ve not recouped nearly enough in comparison to their projections based on a normal year. I sincerely doubt masses are flocking paying their $400+ rates right now or even next year. Based on my searches last year they had about 20 days total surpassing $500, roughly 55 surpassing $300 and the rest below $300. Meaning almost 300 days below $300 for this property.

I feel like this next year may be a test for them, but I definitely feel they will not be packed with the current rates and they will drop them in 2021. They’re testing the waters as they only recently converted to Mar Monte from Hyatt Centric.

I do agree that typically Manchester Grand has been a business hotel, but we checked in for a 4 Night stay last month and it was actually sold out with leisure travelers. They were running I believe 30-40% capacity which is I believe 500ish rooms, so they’re rebounding quite well and doing so because of reasonably priced rates.