FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt further extends expiration of awards plus more
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:02 pm
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I lived in SB for years just moving last year and SB definitely doesn’t have high demand. Their highest demand month is July for the 4th fireworks show which was cancelled. As far as demand due to the college all classes are distance learning so no demand for families to visit. Also they just built 2 Hiltons right next to the campus in Goleta along with a Ritz right there while MarMonte is a good 15 minute drive from UCSB. It’s a good location don’t get me wrong, just I don’t see it as being a Cat 5 like Andaz Papagayo at all. I feel like it’s perfectly placed at a Cat 4 which 15k points are worth $225-$300. I feel like the owners investing so much into the renovation and pressing Hyatt to bump them up to do that had a lot to do with it.
it's coastal california where relatively well-off escape by car in the absence of most other typical travel this year.. everything outdoor-like has been insanely overpriced around here as well as near tahoe/mammoth or zion.. $500+ rates at very generic hotels were quite common despite closed schools and lack of business travel.. just check availability this weekend at any of those places

Last edited by azepine00; Oct 6, 2020 at 5:07 pm