FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should Delta revert back to Medallion status earnings by BIS miles or segments?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:01 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I'm not one to get upset at DL's MQD requirements. To me it's reasonable to have a spend threshold. But please do not assume that $15,000 in spend (actually more for most since you don't get credit for taxes and non-carrier imposed fees) is "trivial" to most people in the country, and probably isn't trivial to many small to mid size businesses either. One could easily fly JFK-LAX about twice a month for an entire year and get pretty close to 125K MQMs but if you're spending even $500 per ticket to do so, you'll still fall short of the 15K MQD requirement.
The point of top tier isn't that most or even a majority of people can reach it. It's to reward the major customers, the ones that pick DL/ST even when there's a better option cost/time wise.

If they did anything (I doubt they will do anything) I'd assume it would be lowering the MQD to previous levels.