FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:38 am
flyertalker28120
Suspended

@SpeedWing: I disagree, LH and LX are doing the same thing with the cost-cutting. Maybe what they serve up in J is slightly superior but not much. I am just as sick of LH's cold turkey breast platter over and over again, combined with a cold roll with a rubber-like texture. Plus all the time that Bavarian creme dessert.

And arguably, BA has the better lounge product in its Heathrow hub than LH and LX in their hubs.

These catering differences are nuances IYAM. I don't deny that at the margin, somebody might book LHR-ZRH on LX rather than BA because they know they'll likely won't have time for dinner before their flight and prefer the current LX catering but I do think it's a somewhat rare occurence. The frequent fliers I know care more about the problems with the schedule changes, the unpredictable adjustments to quarantine rules, and their personal safety on board and on the ground. People travel because they have to and catering is just an after-thought in most cases.