FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways
Old Oct 6, 2020, 3:32 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Cutting costs is the right thing to do.

Honestly, I don't think anybody at BA cares about a FT thread or a Sun article about poor food in short-haul J. Travel is not expected to return to 2019 levels until 2024 or 2025. So, once again, the big issue is downsizing the scale of your operations, not what people thing of the J catering on BA vis-a-vis LX.
You are right. They could not care less what anybody says, as they know already. Indeed, I laugh at those people who knowingly pay to fly knowing what is on offer, and then making a song-and-dance out of it. If I felt the same way, I would not hesitate to fly with the competition were I flying at all. I'm not as I do not have to, and it is all too much of a faff these days. I detest sitting for periods of time with my glasses steaming up and the d**n masks taking half my make up off and making me look like the Phantom of the Opera when I do remove it.

What I do think is that those who have an issue should complain to the airline - including the serial complainers. You should say your bit. I did. Those who have to fly and who cna make their own decisions regarding travel (many cannot I know) should use alternatives. Once they realise that they can cut costs and cut costs, then and only then like Continental did years ago; will they realise that people do not want to use their product any more. I realise that if people are using Avios then they have fewer options - but I fear the Daily Mail or The Sun readers are far from the the target audience for sympathy for First Class passengers fares when many of them are struggling to get by yearly on incomes that these fares dwarf. I have complained and whilst they will do nothing except offer platitudes. when more do the same then it becomes an issue that cannot be ignored,