FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Triada Palm Springs, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:51 pm
churning

This property is not what it was two years ago. In a bad way.

I really hate to do this. I've now stayed at this property twice now. The first time was probably 2 years ago and the stay was absolutely wonderful. I wanted to go back, so I did very recently.

I will preface this by saying that I know that things are different because of the pandemic, but I've traveled many times during the pandemic already, and this was just unacceptable. Especially for something that is at least a borderline luxury hotel where I paid $250 for 1 night. I arrived at the property around noon on my check in day, asked for an early check in which is normally 4pm. They said no they could not do that because the hotel was entirely full the night before, so I understood and accepted that, gave them my luggage, and went out on my early afternoon. I came back around 3 pm and they had a room ready. I asked for a late check-out because I am titanium, they could only give me 2pm... even though I know the hotel was not full for the following night after my check-out. Of course, on a hot desert day I wanted to hit the pool. Pool towels are kept outside in bins. They said that if the pool towel bins are empty to come to the lobby and get some there. The bins were empty in both pools so I asked the lobby for towels. Apparently the hotel had literally no towels for anyone. They said to go into your room and take your room towels out to the pool and they will be replenished. 1 towel on a pool chair isn't really as good as 2, but whatever. The pool bar was closed, the only place to get a drink was in the hotel restaurant. I ordered a margarita to take the pool... I don't think whoever made the drink knew how to make a margarita... At best it was a margarita minus the lime juice, like completely minus it. Anyways, I was at the pool for a couple hours and by the time I was done, they did replenish the room towels. So that's good.

I got home and looked at the folio, I just realized that they charged me for valet parking even though I selected self parking and parked myself. So there's another few dollars gone.

The one redeeming quality of the hotel is that your fellow guests are very nice, hospital, and welcoming. Despite that, it really pains me to say this, but I don't think I'll be back any time soon. Service was really really really lacking.