FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overcharged in Krystal Ixtapa
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:13 pm
yandosan

Overcharged in Krystal Ixtapa

So, I spent a couple nights in Ixtapa. Got a good deal on Expedia, about 125 dollars for two nights at one of the big hotels called Krystal. I go to check out 5 days ago and the lady says there's a billing problem and has me talk to some guy. He says the original clerk put 8200 pesos as the bill instead of 2200. So I get a receipt that says I have 6000 pesos coming my way. Seems like a simple fix. The guy gave me his email address and phone number and seemed apologetic...

I expected the original bill that was being processed (8200 pesos) by my bank to be amended when they found the error but it went through. No refund has appeared. I emailed the hotel receptionist, the man who told me about the error but the email he gave me led to "Return to sender, address unknown" That is, my email bounced back. Expedia called him and no one picks up the phone at the number he gave. I am starting to get a bad feeling about this, even though it is a big hotel with a decent reputation. Expedia said they were willing to call and ask questions but couldn't do much more since the bill was paid at the hotel. Any advice would be appreciated.