FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:24 pm
ElCaminoReal

Originally Posted by golfingboy
An update.... While on the call I searched solely US-DOH business class (QR employs married segment logic) and found business class space for two on IAH-DOH, so the supervisor got us confirmed on that flight and added an AA segment for PHL-IAH in first class. My total travel time only increased by just an hour.

The only downside right now is that DOH-MLE is in coach. QR canceled our seats in business class on this exact same flight because they cancelled ATL-DOH. They put in a request with the liaison to work with QR to open two seats in business for DOH-MLE and told me to call back every couple of days for an update. Hopefully QR will open seats in business....

What a nightmare, but at least we have a plan in place that works and I am grateful to the AA team for being very patient with me.
In a very similar boat, but the agent I spoke with did not hesitate when I mentioned the liaison. She did put me on hold before coming back and saying we could do it. QR cancelled my entire ticket, minus the AA segments, including my return which is still an operating flight.