FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:14 am
calvinoeh

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by Global321
I would suggest anyone looking to extend due to canceled flights to call the HKG office. The current policy does allow for going beyond one year. (I would not expect to be put on any partner flights as there is a cost associated with that, whereas flying CX metal - with traffic down ~90% - is close to free.) I have found some agents to be quite accomodating to pushing flights. (Some less so.) It seems the general policy is to put you on the next available flight (typically the following month), but some have been good at pushing that a few days (or more).

My 2 cents - be nice, be calm, be specific, cite the policy, and, as always, when necessary, HUCA. Do not try and force it with any one agent. You do not want the dreaded notes in the ticket comment area. This is a global Pandemic and is new to everyone. Policies change rapidly. (Qatar just changed their unlimited changes another year to the end of 2021!) We have all seen CX adjust their policies several times as the pandemic wears on.

Good luck!
+1 on this.... I was playing the "book to first availability" game since there was an agent who put "dreaded notes" on the ticket.... got lucky and surprised that I was able to change to a flight to Dec'20 on my last change.... I have to also get that changed now as well as it looks like there are still no flights to HAN even in Dec?