FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:45 am
hensleyrob

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Now QR cancelled our ATL-DOH flight. I am trying to get this fixed but AA keeps telling me Qatar cancelled all flights until the end of November (nonsense) when QR only cancelled ATL/MIA-DOH. Now AA is saying they can only rebook us on whatever award space is available and they are not willing to contact QR to work an alternate arrangement where we can fly from another US departure point in the same class of service.

I don't know what to do.... I tried calling QR directly but the call keeps going on long holds then disconnects after 1.5 hours.
I would find some other flights that work for you (probably through ORD, PHL, DFW, etc.), call AA again and see if they can reach out to the QR liason and open up space on those segments. I had to go through this process in March (to move flights to October which later got cancelled, a whole different story). It took a couple of weeks, but QR opened up the space I needed and I was then confirmed on flights that previously didn't have award space.