FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:22 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mrow
Don’t forget EastJet too - that’s who is getting my custom right now...
U2 are also the airline which I have used most since June. In fairness, catering is not the main reason in my case (primarily continuous cancellations of my itineraries by BA which is disruptive in its inconsistency, including a couple of "forcible cancellations" of BA Holidays when I would have wanted rescheduling, and the way BAEC handled the promised "extensions" of membership or in my case lack thereof which I consider inequitable and unhelpful) but either way, that is the current state of play. I'm not one to "boycott" anyone, and I have always flown a mixture of airlines, even when some have disappointed me a lot, I just vary the proportions based on a whole range of criteria (and no doubt much of it subconsciously too). A year ago, BA would have had over 50% of my flights, since June, and based on reduced flying, it is only about 10% and only when I have needed nonstops to/from LHR on routes where BA was the only option. U2 has made the most gains followed by AF and then a few smaller European airlines. I still avoid LH which I dislike.

I would add that I have long stopped complaining to BA as it makes no difference and I can't really be bothered any more, and when CSDs have come to me in flight to ask for feedback, I do not engage any more either. Been there, done that, it serves no purpose.