FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:36 am
DELANRDFW

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I don’t think any of your arguments hold water...

Nobody I know has treated AI as a safe bet in these times. Even non-frequent travelers are aware of how difficult AI can be. There’s a reason why they have dropped market share faster than a sinking rock. LH’s cancellation is a great example of this - they want to do 20 flights while AI can just about manage to fill 5 planes a week.

A revenue potential which they enjoyed for a few weeks since they were forced to ensure reciprocity.

Termination cannot be a GoI mandate - it would be a UAE mandate. If GoI has so much leverage over UAE to be able to include a non transit clause in what is exclusively a UAE matter then it’s UAE’s fault that they’re such an easy push over.

That’s due to US & EU restrictions - AI did not advise either Trump or Brussels on this.

No that’s not true again. They relaxed the rules of travel during Unlock 2.0 or 3.0 or some such thing. Initially it was exclusively repatriation. Once that demand subsided they did change the rules to include regular travel and UA/AA/DL complained immediately to DoT. After DoT served them notice they got a few weeks during which they GoI allowed US flights to fly to India as well. At that time they were flying a handful of flights every week anyways so no it wouldn’t make a any real difference to AI’s top or bottom line.
I see no point in discussing when you have an opinion which isn't close to ground reality.

Please explain and show me where other respective govts have established any guidelines ex India, they all point to civil aviation website.
US has no restriction on any traveler from India as long as they have a valid visa or are permanent residents, regardless of where they originate from.
Even European countries do not, except they do have a requirement of a mandatory quarantine on arrival from non-approved list but no restriction on transIt.

You do the math, AI starts VB flights May 7, GOI doesn't give permission to US carriers, US DOT serves them notice on June 22nd, GOI allows US carriers effective July 17th.

Its very easy to be dismissive from a keyboard, unless you have been on ground.

Last edited by DELANRDFW; Sep 30, 2020 at 12:46 am