FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean’s non refund policy for COVID cancelled flights illegal
Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:52 pm
Grigoris

Originally Posted by KLouis
and the problem:

[quote-Grigoris]AEGEAN Gold member call center (not nice experience at present) refuses to make re-route according to 261/2004.
Technically, it means almost the same departure time but two flights (A3+LH) instead of one (A3) direct flight.
Is it wrong to demand re-routing?

Not knowing where HOME is (I guess somewhere in Germany), from the original post it sounds as if Grigoris was indeed offered rerouting, only that he would prefer flying on a non-stop with LH instead (if such exists). If it is, indeed, like that, then I doubt that EC261/2004 obliges A3 to do so. More details of HOME and actual flights involved would be helpful.
[/QUOTE]

You mixed it up a little bit.
Original cancelled flight with A3: direct ATH - WAW in the morning on 2nd of DEC
I've proposed re-routing on 2nd or 1st of DEC (at whatever time). The cheapest options are via MUC or FRA (A3 + LH).
Call center offers only flight on own bird in the afternoon on 3rd of DEC, so over 24 hours difference plus additional hotel night.

Thank you all for some advice, I will write here if something new apperas in this subject.