FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2020
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:21 pm
DavidDTW

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Holiday Inn East - Stapleton, Denver Colorado

Holiday Inn East - Stapleton, Denver CO stayed Sept 2020

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was okay

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard king room. Received same, no upgrade

How are the rooms?
Small for a Holiday Inn. No additional seating like an easy chair, just a small desk and chair. Standard amenities. Balcony is nice, but my room faced the busy street. It felt a little outdated and could use some updating. If staying multiple nights, housekeeping is on request only.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good - Front desk people were very friendly and tried hard to be helpful. Masks worn by staff 100% of the time from what I saw. Comfortable bed. Large atrium meant little hallway noise from other guest. Restaurant open for breakfast and dinner, not lunch, with limited hours.

Not good - Staff tries but doesn't always follow thru. I was there 4 nights and requested housekeeping after two. Didn't get it that day and had to request again the following day. Desk agent promised me 3000 apology points for the slip up, but those never posted to my account. Many guests were not wearing masks. I had to step off the elevator more than once because one of those got in. Parking can be difficult in the evening as the adjoining building (where the garage is) is closed for renovations.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I got a very good paid rate, I suppose because of lack of business. With plenty of options in the Denver area, I would probably look at a different property on my next visit.