FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:09 pm
Leonvomp

Excellent stay. Fantastic Terrace Suite.

Booked executive suite for 3 nights. Got upgraded to master terrace suite upon check in. Suite and private terrace were very spacious. I was informed that there are only two master terrace suites and that they are not ordinarily included within the category of complimentary upgrades for diamonds. An exception was made in advance as it was my birthday, so millage may vary. Video of suite.

Sanitiser dispensers are everywhere and hotel appears to be very clean. All staff were wearing masks at all times. Due to covid, housekeeping is limited to the replacement of towels and sanitary products. Managed to get them to vacuum and remove trash after night one but no luck on subsequent days.

Hotel is centrally located , only 5 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station, which I found very convenient.

Breakfast must be booked in advance via reception. Tables have a QR code which you scan to get the breakfast menu on your phones web browser. No buffet, everything is a la cart and complimentary for diamond guests. Was also permitted to order food to go (packaged and bagged) without any additional charge.

Executive lounge is closed however diamond members and those who book executive rooms are given a voucher per night for 2 drinks and 2 starters (or small bites) at the Eastwood Beer & Grill restaurant on the ground floor. Reservation must be made at reception in advance.

SkyLounge had a nice atmosphere and was reasonably lively. Lots of Dutch pop and techno music. Reservation must be made in advance.

Requested late checkout of 3pm and was given without a fuss.

Overall excellent stay. Suite was nice, food was quality, staff very polite and attentive. No complaints.

Last edited by Leonvomp; Sep 29, 2020 at 6:18 am