FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:08 am
PGberkshire

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
The Sheraton lounge is currently closed and Happy Hour is now taking place in the downstairs restaurant*, so if Marriott haven’t axed all their pre-covid club service I’d say the Marriott is likely a better choice. Be sure to phone each hotel to check beforehand,

I’d say for comped F&B the Renaissance at WAW is the best option currently. I’ve stayed there a few times in the last month and they’ve done some really nice meals in the “club lounge”, which is now downstairs but actually a nicer place to hang out than the old dedicated lounge (less harsh lighting and more space). These were full meals - with starter, proper main course and dessert - like you’d get in an actual sit-down restaurant - so a lot better than the basic stuff that Sheraton and Marriott offered (Marriott was slightly better; Sheraton was basically hors d’oeuvres in the old lounge). I had the Duck as a main and it was excellent.
The REN goes for around 210PLN on Sundays, when the hotel is basically empty.

The Westin is only offering a free drink voucher at the bar in place of lounge access, so I’d give that a miss.

* This info was accurate about 3 weeks ago. Be sure to ring the hotel and check what the current situation is, though I very much doubt they’ll reopen the pokey old lounge in the current circumstances.
Thanks, not sure I want to stay at the airport. Sounds like the Bristol or the Marriott if I make this trip. thanks!