FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel suggestions for Phoenix work trip next week?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:48 pm
ShinyO

I ended up staying at Cambria in Chandler near the Fashion Mall. I apparently do/did have some status with Choice Hotels as last year one of them gave me some free food for being an elite member (I had no idea how as I never stay at Choice Hotels.) This booking wasn't points eligible though. I've pretty much given up on any hotel status since my company now requires us to use a travel booking service whose rates are not eligible for loyalty points.

The Cambria was fine. I've never stayed at a Cambria before. It was pretty no-frills. Newer, clean, good Wifi, plenty of food options around with the mall, good place to get around town. Walls were kind of thin and I had to move rooms due to some very loud neighbors (I had one of those adjoining rooms.) Couldn't get the Bluetooth mirror to work and rooms are only cleaned once every 3 days with COVID. Staff were a mixed-bag. Some very friendly, others not so much. Decent place if you're not planning to spend much time in the hotel.