FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entering US - non immigrant [but property owner]
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:03 am
axelcaroli

As I feared, I am not the only one to undergo the same experience.

Sharing this matter with other people is very interesting even if it seems to be an unresolved problem.

As for the clarifications asked in the several posts :
  • The condo is located in Miami, and it is not rented, so there is only the annual Property Taxes as per State fees.
  • I can indeed do every payment online.
  • Nonetheless I have bought a lot of big furniture before Covid, and Management, even if always helpful, won't take any responsibility to collect it without the presence of the owner. Everything lay in storage (the furniture shops are very understanding about the situation) but as you can imagine this can be a solution that last that long.
  • Another problem is that the bank sent me my in April my new US Credit Card. Obviously 90% can still be done (point 1 and 2) with a non American credit card but with some extra fees. I have also to cash checks that are valid only180 days (I am almost to the limit). As you can imagine those are subjects that I have to handle personally and not from distance.
  • As strange as it seems I have no quarantine obligations if I come back from the US other than a PCR test.
Hopefully this crazy situation ends the soonest.