FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways
Old Sep 23, 2020, 11:38 pm
BAflyer2007

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JessicaB
To paraphrase. It's OK to make our highest spending customers' journey a little bit more dangerous and a lot more uncomfortable in order to make our staff's a little bit safer
Even before Covid things were interesting with 1 Toilet between 8 on the 787 etc Anyway I've looked into regulations around this and found this from the European Union Aviation Safety Agency dated 30th June.

3.5 The aircraft operator should:

make every effort to ensure that, in an aircraft which has more than one lavatory and provided the number of passengers carried aboard allows for it, a lavatory should be reserved for the exclusive use of the crew, preferably the one closest to the flight crew compartment.

So I guess Iberia crew are going by the guidelines and we should respect that.

Also interestingly regarding the Food situation...

Aircraft operators should reduce in-flight services to the minimum necessary to ensure passenger comfort and well-being and limit contact between cabin crew members and passengers, giving proper consideration to the duration of the flight. Among these measures, the following should be considered:
— No duty free or other non-essential product sales on board.
— Reduced food and beverage service. Alcoholic drinks should be avoided.
— Preference for pre-packed and sealed food and drink products, such as canned drinks.
— Wherever possible, payment involving touch or contact, such as cash payments, should be avoided to mitigate the potential transmission risk between cabin crew members and passengers

I don't think there is any doubt regarding the current (poor) BA offering but found the above interesting.