FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)
Old Sep 23, 2020, 5:56 pm
mfolf

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by Alex Huerta
Sorry if this is a dumb question since I'm not a regular AS flyer - does alaska offer their first class passengers access to another lounge in the absence of the SFO option? Or is the ability to go to AA lounges just for elite members?
Access to AA/Partner lounges is only through the lounge membership. No Alaska Lounge in airport? No dice for First Class.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt this lounge will open anytime soon....certainly not 2021. AS needs to conserve cash and frankly SFO isn't the additional "hub" city that it was looking like back in the days of the VX merger.
This is why I'm still convinced this will likely be cancelled and forgotten like the JFK lounge and SFO dehubbed. I question how effective Alaska will be beyond a now-bloated niche leisure carrier since their west coast "bread and butter" was tech-based business travel that's now abandoning the west coast in droves.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lounges in general are gone along with first class in the next few years and AS adopts an Allegiant model in regards to scheduling and service.