FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt 4Q Mattress Run DO?
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:11 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
With the 4Q Hyatt promo(s), many people are considering long stays in a cheap Hyatt for status nights.

Just spitballing here, maybe a bunch of us could pick the same hotel with overlapping dates, and help one another with swiping in-and-out so as to avoid getting involuntarily checked out by the hotel.

There are several cat 1s not far from ORD that can be about $70 or less for cash or of course 5k points. I am sure there would be plenty of people to carpool/give rides.

The HR Schaumburg has an HP next door. Should be plenty of capacity. I think it has a free shuttle for rides to the commuter train station to downtown Chicago. Restaurants/bars nearby.

We could have a sort of rolling “Chicago Seminars-type” event where people can get together socially to the extent they want and perhaps even have some formal talks. Maybe with enough people, the hotel would do something for us. I once discussed something like this with a Hyatt at the HR and the rep said she thought one of the top World of Hyatt people would probably be willing to come visit if there were enough folks.

It appears to me that stays over New Year’s Day would be best for many people to maximize 2021 status nights.

This idea just occurred to me, so I have not thought it out. Please chime in if you think this might be of interest, specific days/hotels, ideas for activities, etc. I’d be happy to talk to some of the hotels to find one that would be amenable to a group, give perks, meeting rooms, etc.

At some point this thread might be best moved to Community Buzz.
Sorry but this sounds like fraud to me and reason to be permanently banned from WOH. Basically you want people to pretend they are you so you can collect nights (and monetarily valuable perks to be used later) at low cost without actually staying at the hotel. Count me out.

BTW: I know you'll rationalize your behavior, but to others reading this: lying to get something of monetary value from a person or organization that would not ordinarily provide you with such value had you not lied is textbook fraud. What OP is proposing is to purposefully deceive the hotel - which is lying about staying there. Oh yes, fraud is illegal.

This thread should be closed.