FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zero "U" Upgrade Availability?
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:24 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
... given the extension of Gold status to next year, I chose to use 40k miles vs $450 of wallet funds for a DCA-LAX flight in F this week. Sure, the miles themselves are probably worth more than the cash fare, but I figure we've got some time before any international premium cabin redemption is a reality, and I can use the $1k in my travel bank next year when EQM is a factor I care about, and replenish the 40k RDM through that flying.
I'm sitting on $2k in Wallet funds, and 600k miles ... I've been buying down speculative TCON F bookings by approx 50% using miles (something like $209+20k miles to DCA/IAD, or $239+10k to BWI); so far I've only flown one of maybe seven, although there's some rumbling about a new task from our Pentagon customer that may actually require a SEA-DC trip every 4-6 weeks for a year or so

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
With the 50% seating reduction in F and the fact that planes seem to be getting fuller, I actually think it was easier to clear into F pre-COVID..
on the one trip I flew, I hadn't cleared SEA-IAD (on a 12F 738); however, the flight was departing out of S2, and due to a (self-inflicted) train mixup I got to the gate about two minutes after the flight closed ... the GA at S2 put me on the BWI flight; when I ran up to N16 and scanned my phone the GA heard the three beeps, took a look at the screen, tapped a few keys, and said "you can take 3A" (it was a 16F 739, booked to 50%, but with couples in 2AC and 2DF)

Last edited by jrl767; Sep 23, 2020 at 12:33 pm