FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:32 pm
huynhc

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
A small update. I stayed here as mentioned above a few weekends ago. Was on Chase certificate as a platinum ambassador. I booked whatever room that the cert allowed and was upgraded to a club level one bedroom suite. However, the club is currently closed due to Covid precautions. Likewise, everything aside from the little cafe on the 1st floor is closed for dining options. Luckily you are in LA do there's tons of other options available (we knew this beforehand and just doordashed sushi for our anniversary dinner and enjoyed the views from the suite). Pool and gym were open and people seemed to obey distancing guidelines. I did not have to pay a resort fee...unsure if due to Covid or being on award cert. I also got to check-in at 11am and 4pm checkout honored. Another excellent experience at this fine hotel.

Originally Posted by huynhc
I will be making a trip there next weekend for my 4 year anniversary. Not trying to brag but rather comment on how much our family likes this hotel; we have stayed well over 10 times with this hotel and so I contacted the director of rooms for this stay(I am by no means a VIP, just another platinum ambassador). Even though I was on a Chase certificate for the night (small staycation for us due to covid and having both toddler and newborn at home), they upgraded to my choice of suite (high floor west facing). Reservation has already been updated to reflect room type and hopefully a bottle of champagne awaits...

I agree to above comments that this hotel is one of the nicest in the US...especially given the views, service, and cost (rooms readily go for under $250 whenever I book). I know there's fairmonts, waldorfs, ritz's etc. that give the same luxurious feel but that's in a whole other price point. Hands down my favorite hotel in the continental U.S. (a close second is the St. Regis Bal Harbour)