FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:10 pm
sggolf
Original Member

Originally Posted by synergistic
Boy, I miss being able to book and instantly change a reservation for free. I booked a pair of points flights for my uncle who gets BIS CP every year, so I assumed he was at least passingly familiar with how everything works. Nope, apparently he uses OPM to book BS on every single flight, and knows absolutely nothing except how to add a companion. I have no idea how he doesn't have a shiteton of points in his account. I bet he turns it into gift cards or pays to transfer them.

Anyway, he keeps fretting about the backup flights while I'm waiting on a change window to open, just can't stand seeing them in his upcoming flights. He has added his companion to all the flights, including the backup flights, so I can't refare or make changes. He is only willing to remove them for a few minutes at a time - even on the backup flights that he has zero intention of using, as the dates are all wrong.

Worst gift recipient ever. I'm about to call the ~15k points I stand to save a lost cause, and a small price to pay to learn never to make that offer again.

/rant. Thank you for your understanding, lol
I can totally sympathize with you! Your intent is very honorable in helping a family member out but sad that they aren't patient enough to heed our advice in making it happen! If I were a gift recipient, I would be totally overjoyed at such an offer as I understand the value. Others sadly do not. Hope it works out!