FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is about the MONEY?
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:49 am
gretchendz

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
I have booked

Originally Posted by Often1
There is absolutely no way that I would book a cruise or any other travel-related service until the pandemic and economic situation is much clearer. Way too many variables, including getting stuck with a credit for future travel which cannot later be cashed out because the cruise line is bankrupt and you are, by then, way beyond credit card bankruptcy chargeback protection deadlines.

We also have no idea what cruising will look like that far out and what J air travel will mean. Is this still something you will want?

Finally, don't be enticed by premium credits. If you are offered a credit at 125% of cash paid, who is to say what the cruise will cost a year later? If the cruise price increases by 25%, you have lost the additional value.
I have booked two--one for 2021 and one for 2022. However, both are with no money down, and tons of time to decide to cancel

If I do decide to pay a deposit, I will be sure to get third party travel insurance that covers financial distress or bankruptcy of the cruise line, for exactly this reason,