FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:23 am
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by diburning
Has anyone stayed at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown recently? I found the other thread, but the last post was in 2017. Here's my situation.

I was looking into booking this hotel for a convention a few months from now. Marriott's rate was $139/night for advance purchase. The negotiated convention rate was $121/night, and I was about to book the advance purchase rate when I saw that a well known OTA had a "seasonal deal" of $88/night. So, I booked through the OTA. What are my odds that I'll get walked? I booked a regular king room. I understand that it's a non-commissionable rate, so I won't get any points, but will I be able to add my Bonvoy number when I check it, to get free wifi? The OTA does not give me the Bonvoy confirmation.
What makes you think there's a probability of getting walked? Just the fact that you booked through an OTA?

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm at the Ritz now and I am extremely disappointed with the management and service. I would strongly advise against staying here.
Agreed, the RC in Philly is very bleh. This is also reflected in its 3.9 rating on the Marriott website which is very low.

Honestly, for luxury stays in Philly (which itself sounds like a bit of an oxymoron) the 4S is probably the better of the options available.