FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Tier and Skywards Miles till Aug 2021
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:10 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by gillyd22
Same for me. Worthless really.
Worthless for me too. My next trip more or less has to be a one way LHR/CPT to pick up unused flexible banked tickets between CPT and UK (on EK). In an ideal world in November (but what's an ideal world...). Do some necessary stuff in CPT and have Christmas with family.
Currently it's a no brainer to fly BA (I know, wash your mouth etc etc). The pre-departure Covid19 test required to board an EK flight will be difficult to get in the UK (at least here in Kent where I live). I don't think flying EK will be enjoyable enough to warrant the detour via DXB. And on top of that, currently BA J (direct, non stop, non fuss) is about £400 cheaper than EK J (for the same November date). I'll take dormitory (CW) class for that, even if I have to pay for seat assignment (how low can one fall...)

Having said all that, I am actually sort of proud of having been on the very last passenger carrying 747 ever flown by BA (4 June, repatriation flight CPT/LHR). That frame (CIVP) made it's flight to the scrapheap yesterday).

Last edited by thijsseh; Sep 22, 2020 at 3:23 am Reason: Adding bit about last BA 747 flight