FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:38 pm
liondragonx5y

I had two Covid stays here, one Memorial Day weekend and one Labor Day weekend. Both times, they upgraded me as a globalist to a City View Suite (Plaza Suite), which is a very spacious suite. The living room and dining room are separated from the bedroom, which is in an alcove. I personally prefer the rooms here over the Andaz Savannah. The location of the hotel is also better than the Andaz — this is right on the riverfront.

I would say that the hotel is running pretty much the same now as it was in May. Check-in was easy, and the front desk is very friendly. Valet is offered, and free for globalists (otherwise something outrageous like $36 a day).

They have been offering free breakfast for globalists, but only on the weekends. I will say that the staff was rather confused about whether breakfast was free currently, but in the end there were no issues when I went to the restaurant. I’m guessing very few globalists have been staying recently. The free breakfast consists of scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, and potatoes. Basic, but it was very good. They let us add coffees also with no problem... and they even let us take a muffin one day and a fruit cup a different day in addition to the other stuff, so they weren’t too strict. The bar was fully open on the weekend along with the restaurant. During the week it’s a different story (closed but depends on the day).

This hotel is a steal right now for Savannah for what you get. Combine it with the Privé 2 night 1 night free rate, and I was paying $130 a night+tax with free breakfast, free parking, $100 credit, and triple points (which will go back in effect on October 1).

Out of all the places we have stayed during the Covid era, we have been pretty impressed by this Hyatt Regency. They take cleaning incredibly seriously, they have great staff, and everyone does their best to make the best of the situation. It’s in a prime location for visiting Savannah, and we will definitely be back.