FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW planning service
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:28 pm
atsak

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I have written here many times that the *A reward RTW are not very worthwhile - for almost the exact same number of miles you can usually construct
2 RTW's in opposite directions using return round-trip flights, since the reward RTW's have a very limited number of stops.

The *A revenue RTW's used to offer some good values, and do offer moderately good value still, but F is often unavailable, and J would get best value.
Even if F is available ( i.e.) on SQ - they charge exorbitant surcharges for each leg.

As someone who has flown well over 30 revenue RTW's over the years - some in first and some in business, I would say the best days of the F RTW
are well behind us.
You are of course correct ... It's actually why I want help. I am just not patient enough to find the most efficient way to do it ... It may end up not really being rtw especially because I might mix awards. And of course I'm just getting out in front - I can't book 2022 until late Jan early Feb anyway, but I am suffering a lack of creativity for putting together something. I suppose it might be good to say some guidelines like take me from yyz to Europe somewhere then somewhere else on Europe then on a ME carrier to Asia then down to Australia etc.