FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)
Old Sep 20, 2020, 1:32 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hockman4357
My wife and I are hoping to go to Hawaii the middle of November for 4 weeks. It sounds like a pre-arrival Covid-19 test will be an option on or after October 15th in order to avoid the 14-day quarantine. If we have a pre-arrival negative Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to our arrival in Hawaii the middle of November, will we be allowed to fly from island to island without taking further covid-19 tests? In other words, will the pre-arrival test that we take on the mainland prior to our arrival in Hawaii cover us for all interisland travel for the month that we plan to be there? I'm having a difficult time finding a definitive answer.
It hasn't been determined yet. The existing restrictions on intersisland flights ends at the end of this month, but some counties have said they wish to order extensions. In Hawaii Island's case, they also want to extend other restrictions on tourists like the inability to rent a car. We should see how things go this week; even if a county wants to do its own thing, it still needs to be blessed by the governor.