FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:18 am
Stez

Programs: BA gold
This is the response I got from BA, at least it's another notch to hopefully raise a flag higher up the food chain...

Originally Posted by BA
Thanks for contacting us regarding our lounge and staff at Newcastle International Airport. After reading your email, I can see our lounge staff are a great asset to us as they provide additional services, such as helping with ticketing issues. As a frequent flyer I appreciate your concern.

We've had no communication regarding the lounge staff (who are employed by Baxter Story) being made redundant. Any updates regarding our lounges are posted on ba.com, and this is regularly updated with any changes.

I've passed your feedback on because we've had no communication or updates about this. I really hope the staff aren't going to be made redundant, and I'm sorry I can't provide more information at this point. Please be assured, if a permanent lounge closure happens, I'll do my best to inform you.