FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Un ballo in maschera?!
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2020, 8:39 am
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Dinner: Le cicale in cita Genova

My initial plan was to eat the first evening at the hotel, the 2nd at "The Cook", the 3rd at a Pizza place and to do room service at our terrace at the 4th. As the restaurant was closed we had to change plans and I consulted the Michelin. On of the recommended restaurant near the hotel were Le Cicale so we decided to try it.
The walk is not very long be we got familiar wir the lovely steps. At least you have different to choose between. The restaurant is furnished quite interesting and has character.

Chef Matteo Costa came and explained us the menu. First we got bread and an amuse bouche.

GF took a tuna salad.

I took Crudo di pesce. When the plate came I thought itīs a lot. Before I could try anything they brought some more small dishes. It was really a lot, they served everything they can do with raw fish. Impressive and with 45 € fairly priced but you are full after the appetizer.

The pasta course was also not small.

I canīt say it was easy to eat the full main course.....

At this point I stopped it and skiped dessert what I normally never do. But it was simply impossible. The food quality was really good and even if it wasnīt cheap (171 € with water) it was absolutely OK for this amountnand quality of food. A very enjoyable Italian meal.