FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Night At Anantara The Palm
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:12 am
DanielW

Originally Posted by offerendum
Really sounds freezing It's a warm part of the earth.
I didn't know they do overwater there but if I think about it I'm not surprised. I can imagine your daughter enjoyed the ride, it's nearly tailored for kids
Yes, she really enjoyed all the space to crawl around and especially the glass floor.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Love the pictures, including my favorite subject, Hannelie! Oh, she’s growing up fast. That one pic of her in the crib looks like she’s in jail.
The lagoon pools look really inviting. Too bad you couldn’t swim in it. I’m always nervous walking on glass floors. Whether it’s at the original World Trade Center, Tokyo Tower, or John Hancock Tower, I always feel nervous walking on them!
Thank you, Jaimito Cartero, luckily Hannelie had no qualms with the see-through floor. Yes, she is really growing up now, finally fits her dress I bought for her last year in Dhaka.

Originally Posted by frogster
Beautiful report - as usual.
Do you have to use the hotel beach or was there a way to get in and out of the sea directly from your overwater villa?
Thank you, frogster. Unfortunately you couldn't access the water directly.
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
I do not care what they say about "super-duper technology", but I am with you on this one.
I figured it wasn't too far to fall if the glass floor wasn't up to spec.
Originally Posted by magXY
Thanks, that was lovely.
Great deal btw.
Thanks, magXY, plenty of bargains when they shut the country to visitors.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's fun seeing you take joy wherever you go, whether this luxe stay or some of the extremely simple ones you've had in other parts of the world. Your baby is a little beauty.
Many thanks, SanDiego1K. Covid19 has put big dampener on my 2020 travels but has been fun to explore some of the hotels in the Dubai and the UAE for very reasonable rates.
Originally Posted by Tocsin
Loved the report, envious! (Last trip, Madeira in February, next trip meant to be Oman in November - yeah, right )
I thought the shot of the crib was a bit of a sunburst effect, not jail
Cheers, Tocsin. Oman airports are supposed to open soon. No word on tourists I don think though.
Originally Posted by gaobest
Gorgeous photos - I love your baby so much!! Omg. and lovely TR
Thank you, gaobest. Yes, she certainly makes us smile everyday.