FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unfamiliar new reservation on my account: Scam?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:23 pm
ayande176

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass holder and A List Preferred. Marriott Platinum
Great tips. Thanks.

1. It listed my primary email address on the reservation as usual, but the selection for "alternate email" was used which was a very strange gmail account. The telephone number was different to my personal cell phone. With regards to my account, the email address linked is still mine.

2. No points or certificates were used. A credit card was used which did not match any of the credit cards I own. When cancelling the reservation, it noted that x amount of dollars would be charged IF cancelled after a certain date (sometime in august-30 days) but it didn't state which card was going to be charged.

3. I haven't called any agents recently, but the last time I checked my account was 2 days ago, which did not show this trip. The "reservation" was probably made last minute today, but I would be guessing. The reservation was for 1 night in a Courtyard in New Orleans West Bank/Gretna. Looking on the map it seems to be in a nice location.

4. No credit card is saved on my account precisely for this reason. The 10 second inconvenience of inputting it every time is worth it.

Thanks!