FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my CSR. Why?
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:52 am
txpenny

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
There is WAY more to this situation that what is being shared.
Originally Posted by scubadu
Agreed, 100% (and there almost always is in these type of threads)

The OP continues to resist simply picking up the phone and calling Chase, with "I will when I get back to the states" In today's world of WiFi calling, Skype, etc. there is absolutely no reason one would have to wait until they "return to the states," particularly when a 30 day clock is ticking on 1 million UR points and time is of the essence...

Definitely more to the story here...

Regards
Originally Posted by BelleCityFlyer
Exactly!

What the original poster did not say was whether the monthly statement immediately preceding the credits to his/her account closed with a (positive) balance. If the last monthly statement before the credits had a (positive) balance, then at least the minimum payment was required to be made even if subsequent credits made the online account show a negative balance. The monthly statement is the legally binding document that we all agree to follow when we accept a credit card; not the balances shown in the online account.

With that said, Chase AutoPay will not deduct a payment if the online account shows a (negative) balance. In that case you will have to manually make the payment; which might even require pushing the payment from your bank.
Skeptical bunch, aren't you.

After reading this thread, I found myself paying the minimum balance of last month's statement even though my statement balance was wiped out by PYB credits.