FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my CSR. Why?
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:41 pm
kb1992
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by synzero
AmEx tends to be much better with customer service (except for Amex Travel). It's a decent alternative especially if you like business or first class flights. On hotels the redemption values aren't great though; Chase is by far the best for hotels due to the CSR 1.5x and their Hyatt partnership. There aren't really any other cards that compare to either of these however. Citi used to be competitive but they removed all travel insurance so while I might use them for welcome bonuses I would avoid them for much else. Capital One is to me pretty uninteresting; less good transfer partners, less good earning rates, less insurance. If you're into cash back there are a bunch of options but if you want outsized value I think it's Chase and Amex.
I'll think about cash back. I have too many points/miles. It's hard to use them during this COVID-19 and who knows when it will end.

Originally Posted by LAX
I am not sure how much time one has to drain UR points after the account has been closed. I have always read T&Cs (not necessarily Chase's) that points/rewards require an account in good standing. I supposed banks might be required to give someone a grace period, especially if closure is not the individual's fault and without warning. I assumed you have already lost the points and was surprised how "calm" you are. I am glad you still have access to those points, but you probably shouldn't wait to move/redeem them unless there is a published policy that tells you how long you have after an account has been closed.

LAX
Well, even if I lost 1 million UR points, I am not going to commit suicide. I'll try to get them back. But there are lot more important things in life than 1 million UR points.

Thank you for kind words.

Originally Posted by jags86
I would throw all 1,000,000 points into Hyatt, move on the AMEX, and go on with your life. The only thing Chase has on AMEX from a transferable point perspective is Hyatt. 1,000,000 points should last you quite a decent while so you won’t miss Chase. Of course, you could also just take the $10,000.
I am trying to get some life time status with Marriott, and it's cheap to earn nights in Asia where I mainly travel to. Hyatt sounds great but I am really hooked by Marriott. Titanium status is fantastic. I often spend as low as $5K to obtain Titanium.