FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting refund for a canceled flight
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:23 pm
SpammersAreScum

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I had a trip purchased from AA where not one but two of the flights were cancelled by the carriers -- both IB-marketed but one IB metal and one BA metal. After the second I received a text from AA about it, asking me to call. So I did, and instructed the AAgent to cancel the whole thing for complete refund.

Then I went to prefunds, and in stepping through their process I saw that they intended to deduct a $400 fee from my refund. So I aborted the process and instead used the Customer Relations link on prefunds to make my case for a full refund. I checked the "no" box on the "am I requesting a refund?" which I'm sure in retrospect was the wrong thing to do; I don't know what I was thinking.

Anyway, that was a week ago, I figure I should wait another week before doing anything, but if nothing happens by then I'm not sure if I should retry with "yes", or maybe that just muddies the waters?

Or maybe I should go ahead with the refund request and fight for a refund of the fee after that?

Any advice would be appreciated.
It turns out I needn't have worried. 9 days after I submitted the note to CR, I received an email saying a refund had been posted to my card, and it was for the full amount.