FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do non-revs have to answer the COVID-19 questions during check-in?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:52 pm
pcoll

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yes, good point....I think I was somewhat in shock that the after the "flight crew huddle", the decision was made to allow her to fly....couldn't believe it....I mean seriously....if I take my mask off for 5 minutes, I might get banned for life, but a non-rev who can hardly walk and is about to vomit is allowed to fly.
It is certainly concerning to hear this was allowed to proceed. I would have tried to move, as proximity puts you at risk. In todays climate of heightened health concerns, AS should have tried to isolate non-rev to limit exposure to crew and passengers.
I have heard from several FA's that they frequently get "food poisoning" when they do an overnight layover. As a former health care professional , I would be concerned that this was possibly something more than food poisoning . Short of taking vitals at gate, not sure what AS can do , in this case. I would not be happy and would let AS Customer Care know for sure.