FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my CSR. Why?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:01 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
OP, with 1 million URs and 2 million UA miles, I personally would work on reducing my “loyalty” account balances and in the meantime use a simple 2% cash back card for ongoing spend. Can you use the UR for Pay-Me-back to wipe out some past charges? (build up more credit for them to refund). If not, I would probably send the UR to Hyatt and some other loyalty programs (and then work on actually using them).

I am sorry to read about your experience with Chase. I am fortunate in many ways that I did not have a lot of credits due to canceled travel post to my cards, but I am convinced I would have fallen into the same trap. I have minimum auto-pay set up for all my cards as a safety net, but I always pay the full balance manually before auto-pay kicks in. So in the OP’s scenario I would likely have seen an negative account balance due to credits and done nothing manually. And then auto-pay would have also done nothing and my account would have been closed. Scary... and I definitely would consider filing a CFPB complaint if a Chase manager wouldn’t see how their implementation of credits and auto-pays is illogical and unfair.