FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cruise Line CEO Says “The Cruise Industry is Close to Devastation” in Miami-Dade Meet
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:15 am
Daniel CH
Suspended

Programs: BA Executive Club
I am in my early forties and have been on two (mediterranean) cruises much to the amusement of many of my friends around the same age who see this as something you do later in life. We had actually planned to do another cruise in 2021 but unfortunately I just can't see that happening now. Its extremely tough for the cruiseline and aviation industries at the moment. Given what has happened over the last 6 months, especially to those who were actually vacationing on cruise ships when lockdown restrictions came into force, I'm not sure how the industry can bounce back and provide the reassurances that customers need. Perhaps there is more hope for some of the higher end mid size ships where people are more spread out (and pay a premium for that) but not sure how it will be commercially viable for some of those bigger ships that cater for 2,000-3,000. Companies like Royal Caribbean have opened up cruising to more people but the risk now is that it becomes something far more exclusive again which is sad. For me I don't think I would cruise again with confidence until a vaccine is found.