FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the best day to get a luxury car?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:07 am
m907

Originally Posted by Jarrret
I’m willing to pay extra only for luxury elite cars like 7 series, X7, etc. Never spot a Mercedes S Class or even an E Class in the Premier Selection though.

ORD had a solid collection before the pandemic, I picked up a couple of Q5 from the ES. However, I couldn’t find an executive car at ORD and IND at weekends recently. Especially at IND, they run out of cars at weekends but the cars are much better on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I’m considering changing my rental to a weekday. Not sure if that would work.
Keep in mind that National sold or returned many of their high-end cars because of the Wuhan virus. And I have never seen any Mercedes at National, except for barebones GLC300s and maybe some exotic Mercedes models at insane upgrade prices in Florida. I did see a 7 Series in ES in Pittsburgh once, but that was a fluke.

​​​​​​TL;DR - Don't get your hopes up. (And I would not be so obsessed with getting a "luxury" car. I'd take a Jeep Grand Cherokee or even a Ford Edge over a barebones GLC300 or Q3 any day - far more luxurious. The Q3 was one of the most unimpressive cars I've ever driven...)