FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel suggestions for Phoenix work trip next week?
Old Sep 12, 2020, 6:22 pm
evergrn

Business-friendly might mean different things to different people.
To one person it might be a no-frills place, to another it could be a full-service hotel with lounge and large pool area.
Also, value and budget-mindedness may be impacted by your status.

As a Hilton person who gets free breakfast, I would go for something like Chandler Hilton, based on the criteria of a reasonably-priced hotel with free pkg in a safe area that's convenient to the places mentioned with food nearby. I like Chandler a lot, it's a nice suburb with a lot of dining choices (best Asian food in the Valley is in Mesa/Chandler) although not really a place for vacationers looking for resort experience.
If you don't get free breakfast at a Hilton, go with Hampton Inn Scottsdale / Talking Stick which is a newer hotel that's clean and right off 101.
If you're doing a lot of takeout, though, and esp if you're going to be staying multiple nights with another person, I highly recommend getting a room with a kitchette (fridge/freezer, dishes, utensils, dishwasher) and a dining table. In that case, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites or Hyatt House type place would be it.