FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Heathrow - two new hotels - Red and Radisson announced
Old Sep 11, 2020, 5:48 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Global1Flyer
These hotels were "Park Inn by Radisson London Heathrow Airport Hotel" before.
I never stay here but I was considering to stay as transit hotel.
I was wondering if it was the Park Inn but there was no information to indicate it was. Are you sure?

I've stayed at the Park Inn and it was ok for 1 night but not any place I would run back to but for the price I paid it was acceptable.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Have they refurbished the hotel? I stayed once a few years back and thought it was a dump. Great way to ruin your "premium" brands by attaching them to a lousy hotel.
I doubt they could take the Park Inn and turn it into a Radisson Red without a significant reno due to the completely different look and feel of the Red brand. As for the Radisson part....that might not need as much of a reno since Radisson (not Radisson Blu) seems to sometimes be of iffy quality...at least in the US. I would however think if they are promoting this as the "first Radisson" in the UK that it would make sense to also renovate the Park Inn rooms that are going to be part of the Radisson part to their new light wood modern decor which is actually pretty nice.

Last edited by christianj; Sep 11, 2020 at 5:53 am