FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2020, 9:00 am
boscobjgd

Originally Posted by jmastron
To be clear, you were doing a *renewal* interview, i.e. your GE was previously/still valid, right? Thus, whether EOA was open or not, you would be able to use the GE kiosks and lane to enter. If EOA wasn't available you would still use GE to enter.

For someone enrolling for the first time, the EOA location and agents are generally in the same area (often the same agents), but you would NOT use the kiosk, and more importantly if EOA is not open/available you would not be able to use this expedited path at all, and would need to use the regular lines.

Unfortunately it seems like some of the airports and/or individual agents don't care for or aren't staffed properly for EOA (or don't have enough agents qualified?), and availability can be spotty even when it is supposed to be open (and sometimes those hours don't correspond to all the flights coming in). With the difficulty of getting regular appointments, it would seem better to funnel as many as possible to EOA but that doesn't always happen.
Yes correct, mine was renewal. I also landed around 3 p.m. on a Saturday. I will say for tstauck that I was going to do my interview on arrival coming from Mexico back in December, but the flight arrived late in the evening to Terminal 2 and there were only one or two officers, so I assumed no one would be available and didn't bother asking about it.