FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ? on cancelled flight and refund
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2020, 11:43 am
monkeymommy

Hello all,

I am a bit confused and lost about what my options and rights at this point. My family had flights booked from SFO to London back on 7/14 and return on 8/2. Because of Covid, we inquired about our options and were told we should switch to open tickets. Our tickets were business class but "non-refundable." I remember the agent told us because we bought non-refundable tickets, there was no way we could get a refund so we should choose the open ticket option. I don't even recall if they had told me how long the open ticket will last and it is not clear that if our flight on 7/14 even operated. If the flight on 7/14 was cancelled, aren't we entitled to a refund? I do not see my family will be traveling to UK anytime soon, definitely not within the next 1-2 years because our son has a medical condition that is autoimmune which we were told it also puts him at greater risk (and we cannot afford to quarantine for 14 days in UK!). I have texted Virgin Atlantic and am waiting for a response. I would like to know if anyone has had any idea what our rights are. If they insist on no refund, can we at least ask for an open ticket that does not have time restriction? Thank you!